Kp
Kp asked:

Do you think Ursula KNOWS, at least later in the book, that she is being reborn? The Readers' Guide at the end suggests this. If so, then after she kills Hitler, she knows she'll be reborn again, for example? As I was reading it, I thought the lives were not really known to Ursula except in a very vague way. BUT by the end, she does seem to get more clear that she's seen it all before.

To answer questions about Life After Life, please sign up.
Farnoosh Brock She has a vague sense of it but it gets clearer over time, and super clear in the last one where she grows up to be an adult, in fact, she structures her whole life around a singular goal because she's certain she is preventing a future that would have been awful if it weren't for her act. I do wish the author had given us more "telling" here and less "showing" on this central topic.
Image for Life After Life