Shiv Eloise
Shiv Eloise asked:

Were you at all considering what harm you might cause by linking schizophrenia and possession?

To answer questions about A Head Full of Ghosts, please sign up.
Paul
Catarina Brown I couldn't disagree more with this comment. I thought the book was about what harm can be done if you DO link mental illnesses with possession.
Denise Did you actually read this book? I don't think the author did any harm. I think, if anything, he shed some light on some potentially harmful practices. For me, that was the point.
John Religious fanatics have never understood the issues surrounding mental illnesses. Witness the Salem witch hunts! Not to mention Torquemada's pogrom during the Inquisition! Perhaps this book will succeed in opening eyes to how those troubled with mental illness can be approached with compassion and not a bible! BTW, I found most intriguing the concept that one may be "possessed" by prevailing culture!
Mary
A.R. @Shiv, are you trying to tell us that schizophrenics can't be possessed?
Charles Haines
Michelle Donovan Did you at all consider actually reading the book? Because clearly, you didn't.
Sherice
Micah Unice There's nothing on your profile. Did you actually create a Goodreads account with the express purpose of denigrating a novel you haven't read?
Brent Weyers I read Shiv's comment and felt that the author attempted to show how the character could be possessed or instead could have some mental illness. Of course, I believe in possession and that the character was possessed, but themes within the book made you believe otherwise. There are many people that do not believe in possession or the existence of heaven or hell (or evil spirits or good spirits).
Image for A Head Full of Ghosts
by Paul Tremblay (Goodreads Author)