Goodreads asked Lee Bradford:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Lee Bradford Allow me to be introspective for a moment.

My work is very character-driven. Its been this way with books but also with comics and other works, such as the tarot deck I designed. Though the characters are fictional and could not possibly exist in the world I currently live in, I feel that writing about their lives become an exploratory exercise about myself.

Before I started writing, I could not talk about myself because there was nothing to say. Now I have plenty to say because I've had time to write.

Its very therapeutic to put your thoughts out on paper, even if no one else ever reads it. I have files upon files upon files of stories that I may never publish because they were intended for myself. There's always that 'aha! moment' where a character realizes something about himself and it echoes a part of you.