Goodreads asked Viccy Adams:

Viccy Adams My most recent book, There and Now, is creative non-fiction so it's lifted directly from my experiences on an artists residency in Lashiahi, Yunnan province in South West China. I had a mad three weeks there working with an American photographer and a Taiwanese translator/facilitator, running around the lake villages and local mountains and interviewing everyone we thought looked interesting, from Dongba shaman to local cement makers, from farmers to garment factory workers.

I took extensive handwritten notes, filing six notebooks, then workshopped styles of writing in Edinburgh, Newcastle and London as part of the work I was doing with the photographer. We launched our digital art book in New York in June, just after I sent the full draft of my book to the publishers: a very busy month!