Goodreads asked Karen S. Lee:

Karen S. Lee My problem is not so much writer's block (even though yes, it happens a lot) as not really having the time to devote to writing.

When I do go through writer's block, there are several things I tend to do:

1. I often look for things that I get stuck on and what I can do with the "delete" button. Some of the best-loved bits of my drafts were in fact the cause of my block - the story did not flow because I held onto some part that felt good at the time to write, but that did not fit into the overall flow of the story. It is so difficult to "delete" these bits, and they are often accompanied by a lot of struggles and attempts at reworking the passage; but oftentimes, once the deed is done I have found that the flow resumes and I can go on again.

2. I would turn my attention to another part of the story and work on the bit that I had ideas about first and see if the blocked bit would work itself out. Oftentimes, it does. And if it does not, go back to step 1.