Anny
Anny asked S. Zanne:

Hey Zanne :) For quite some time I'm wondering how the "DRAWING DEAD" story will actually end. I liked it a lot (you can check my review about the whole anthology and your story in particular) but somehow the ending was way too open, at least for me. So how did you imagine the whole story ended? Will be more than glad to hear your point of view. Regards and lots of inspiration!

S. Zanne Thank you! I have an idea for a potential short story sequel, but it still needs to be fully fleshed out. I can see how you might think it's open-ended. There's no neat little bow wrapping things up for a typical happy ending, which I think works for "Drawing Dead". Technically, the good guys won and the bad guy was locked up in the end. But who really won? Both James and Devin influenced each other in their time together - James got a little darker and Devin felt enough of something to keep James alive as long as he did. That's where the sequel would take us, if it goes where I think it will. Sometimes the eventual ending is a surprise even to me.