Goodreads asked Bill Wilke:

Bill Wilke There were dual inspirations for my first book. One was a very vivid, action-packed dream. My wife said I was moving around in bed like I was in the middle of playing a football game. I very seldom remember my dreams, but this one made quite an impression. The second inspiration was a very unnerving event that took place on a vacation trip. They both ended up being the major plot catalysts for “Doublestar Conspiracy”.
The inspiration for my second book “Maadi’s Adventures in Egypt” was influenced by the eleven years that I lived in Egypt, four of which were with our dog Maadi (Named for the Cairo suburb that we lived in). The experience of living in that country was so fascinating and intriguing, that it was an experience that I wanted to share, especially with children. And it seemed reaching out to them through the eyes of a canine would be an entertaining and effective way to do it, though I have found that adults seem to also enjoy reading it
The inspiration for book number three, “Tides Inn” can be wrapped up in two areas, my love of British Mysteries and my love of British beer. I have had the plot in my head for a long time, but it took sitting in a very scenic pub, having a pint to bring it to fruition. My pub in this book is fictional, but typical, except for the tide element. I have always wanted to find a pub with this phenomenon, but haven’t found one yet. Guess I will just have to keep on looking.
Now I am waiting for inspiration no. 4.