Goodreads asked Kellie Nichols:

Kellie Nichols I soak up entertainment. I love watching television, movies, going to see comedians, music, but above all I love to read. I was looking for some books about curvy women since I'm a curvy female myself, but wasn't thrilled with the selection. I wanted something more than 40 pages and a storyline that could actually happen. Therefore, I started jotting down ideas and wrote something I'd like to buy if I saw it on the virtual shelf. It was scary since I'm not in a creative day job, but after I finished it I felt so proud of myself for doing something that made me happy. Just to tell you how insecure I was, I didn't tell my husband about the book until it was nearly finished.

Overall, the book I wanted not being out there to read is what initially inspired me. Now it's knowing that I've made someone laugh, cry, basically just feel what the characters are feeling.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks!