Cindy
Cindy asked Stephenia H. McGee:

I finished both The Whistle Walk and Heir of Hope. Will the third book be Ruth's story? I would love to hear that story, especially during reconstruction.

Stephenia H. McGee Hello Cindy!
I am glad you are enjoying the Ironwood series. Right now I am working on two books that will follow Charles's cousin Matthew and a new character, Annabelle Ross, as they are caught up in the plots against President Lincoln. At some point, I do want to go back and continue Ruth's story during the reconstruction. I also want to do Emily's great aunt's story set during the depression to round out the Ironwood women from Lydia to Emily. Emily's great aunt and Ruth's decedent's (you'll know him as Buford the lawyer) lives will entwine again in this story. When these will be available will depend on many factors, but if you would like to sign up for my newsletter on my website (StepheniaMcGee.com) you will receive updates on upcoming releases. Thanks for your question!
Stephenia McGee