Mary
Mary asked Homer Hickam:

I love to know what authors read, what's on their nightstand. What book(s) are YOU currently reading?

Homer Hickam I'm an eclectic reader and usually have more than one going all the time. Right now, I have four on my nightstand: The Ides of April by Lindsey Davis, The Writer's Legal Guide by Tad Crawford, Waterloo by Bernard Cornwell, and Hush Hush by Laura Lippman. Also, lots of publishers send me advance copies hoping to receive a blurb. I only do those I truly love and, lately, there haven't been very many. I rarely, if ever, read anything on the best-seller's list unless, of course, it's one of my own. I know how the lists are manipulated so I'm always a little suspicious and like to wait to give the book the test of time. I generally read anything Nelson DeMille puts out but we're kinda buds so that figures.