Ray Schumack
Ray Schumack asked Sandy Bernstein:

What made you focus on ghost stories? Any plans for other genres?

Sandy Bernstein Hi Ray: Thanks for your interest. I've always loved ghost stories and it seemed a natural progression from the genres I was writing in; mostly dark fantasy or horror. I've written in other genre's, including science fiction, but for years I wrote mostly fantasy which gave way to lots of sub genres. I've always liked ghost stories and mysteries, but not until I took the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) challenge in 2008 did I focus on ghost stories and the paranormal. I had a few stories kicking around collecting dust until I revised them. One of them was my new Kindle Single, The Shuddering.
As for writing in other genres goes, I can only say nothing is out of the question. I am leaning more towards Mystery right now, but no doubt there will be a few ghosts floating around in those stories too.