Anke Massoels
Anke Massoels asked Kristen Ashley:

Hey Kristen! I love all of your books, and I just finished rereading the whole Rock Chick Series, and I wanted to know if you identify yourself with Jane? She brought out the rock chick books under the name Kristen Ashley so I would assume yes? Are you alot like her? Was that your way of integrating yourself in a serie? Would love to know more about this. Thanks babe! Keep on writing, can't wait for what's next!

Kristen Ashley I identify with most of my heroines. In fact, there are only a very few (Ally, Sylvie--the badass ones...though I'm not scared of spiders and have shot an assault rife and Uzi, I'm not badass) I don't identify with them. All the rest, I identify with them or put a bit of me in them so (hopefully) you'll identify with them too.

That said, Jane is not one of those characters, outside of me wanting to be a romance novelist for many years and writing, writing, writing (only to break out with the Rock Chicks). I don't look like her. I'm not her age (yet). I get out and about (a LOT). Although I can be shy, I'm far from an introvert.

So really, it was me trying to be clever, and as the Rock Chicks books have a good deal of self-awareness, are quite tongue-in-cheek, poke lovingly and good-naturedly at romance genre tropes, and has a bit of post-modernism, it's about that.

Jane isn't like me at all. :-)
Kristen Ashley