Rob Urnab
Rob Urnab asked Sherrie R. Cronin:

Sherrie, Long story short, if your father is Francis J. Roth, he was my father's (Elmo Urban) 1st cousin. I have a picture I found with Dad's things with a picture of a young man in uniform with a handwritten note on the bottom..."to my cousin Elmo, 21 April 1946. Easter, Francis". Wanted to get a copy to his family? I can be reached at robu@cccgroupinc.com. Rob Urban

Sherrie R. Cronin Hi Rob. Thanks for the note on Goodreads. Yes my dad was Francis Roth. His maternal grandmother was Margaret Urban, daughter of Mike and Elizabeth (Fisher). His paternal grandmother was another Margaret Urban, daughter of George and Anna Elizabeth (Stang). I think these two ladies were related.

My father did have Urban cousins, and on both sides, but they would all have been second cousins, unless one of his parent's sisters married into the Urban family also. I guess that is possible as all this happened in the very small town of Pfeifer Kansas. If so, then our dads were indeed first cousins, and either Jacob Basgall or John J. Roth was your dad's grandpa too.

I ask because I have photos of all four of these families ..... and a picture of one of your grandparents as child or young adult.

Of course I would love a copy of the photo you have. If you can send it digitally please do, and if you are willing to send it via USPS that would be wonderful. If you can identify our common relative, I'll be happy to return the favor with a photo of them.

Thanks for contacting me! -- Sherrie