A. End
A. End asked Mylo Carbia:

“The Raping of Ava DeSantis” looks great, but that title! I’m nervous about reading it. Is the rape scene as graphic as it sounds? Is there a trigger warning?

Mylo Carbia THIS IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION! Thank you for asking! :-)

As a woman, I did not detail the rape scene in this novel on purpose. In fact, I describe the details leading up to the event and immediately cut to what happens the morning after. The rape is simply the catalyst of the REAL story that takes place afterwards: the chaos of the perpetrators arguing about what to do with her body; the financial payoff from one of the families and the revenge the victim seeks decades later.

The title was meant to be provocative and get people's attention (which it certainly has!). And yes, it is a violent novel in the same vein as "The Silence of the Lambs" or "American Psycho," but there is NO detailed, horrific, male on female rape scene.

Oddly enough, a good friend of mine who survived a sexual assault years ago read an early draft of the book and said that it actually made her feel better to see a victim take revenge on an epic level. I found that feedback quite surprising and most heart-warming, although I do not recommend it as therapeutic in any way.

This book is simply a great, fictional story that had to be told, so with this in mind, I hope that both female and male readers will come into it with a flexible mindset.

My goal as a writer is to create pure, "blow you away" entertainment, and I think I've achieved it with this novel.