Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin asked Stephen W. Bennett:

Are you planning on replacing your editor? Whoever you are using now is not doing a good job leaving a distracting level of spelling, grammatical and contextual mistakes throughout the series. Here are some examples of common contextual mistakes: Capitol and capital Pack animals and pack hunters Hanger and hangar I found the series to be enjoyable but the manifold errors detracted from the enjoyment.

Stephen W. Bennett Gabriel, I have no editor to replace. Without a publishing house, I don't have one on tap to use. I have volunteer proofreaders (beta readers), who are fans of the series, which report goofs to me that they encountered before publication, and then I get added reports from readers after the initial release (like yours).

I appreciated your pointing out some of the errors for me, and I fixed ~15 examples of misuse of words (2/3 of those were capitol vs. capital). Those are now in Edition 3 on Amazon. There were many more corrections made before proofreading, such as my typing "that" when I meant "than" and stray omissions of "a," "of,” "and" or other words that were dropped when a paragraph or sentence is incompletely revised after backspacing. As a self-taught, two fingered typist (word mangler is more apt), I manufacture goofs as I hasten my typing speed, trying to get the books finished on time (as promised).

I'd welcome a publishing house contract, but I don't think I sell enough books to interest them, and I'm not a celebrity writer or infamous. I'm currently ranked #48 of the best selling SF authors (as I type this), and that's a reflection of the new book sales. As that rush of sales declines over time, so will my ranking. The same as for every author, including the best of the lot. It's "What have you published lately?"