Kevin Kess
Kevin Kess asked Niko Ford:

What inspired you to write a story based on Sherlock Holmes?

Niko Ford A love of the characters and the way they play off each other. I always loved how the stories were about Holmes but written by Watson, the entire breadth of their investigative experience told from his perspective. I wanted to see how they lived, though, more than simply being limited to how they worked; know the characters as more than detective and doctor. I could either make my own characters based on those tropes or not bother with pretenses and work with the characters I already loved. I chose the later. It was also important to me to provide another take on Watson which was just as dark and complicated as Holmes, neither the moralistic doctor nor obliging lady's man.