Goodreads asked Glenn Turner:

What are you currently working on?

Glenn Turner Right now I'm busy promoting and selling The Toronto Carrying Place, but I have two new projects in mind and I'm anxious to get started.

Unfortunately, I can't decide which one to do first. And I can't do both at the same time.

In fact, given my day job and my limited free time, it's not even obvious I can do one at a time! The Toronto Carrying Place took eight years from conception to publication. I don't have that kind of time now! I'll be 103 before I get the next one published...

As far as I can tell, the next one will either be about Toronto and its jazz scene in the late 1970s (yes, I know it sounds arcane, but I can make it work) or about Ottawa during the Cold War. The Ottawa book already has a catchy title, looks much easier logistically and would not cost me a fortune in transportation back and forth to Toronto... My wife, one eye on the bank statements, already knows which one I will be doing. I'm still not sure.