Goodreads asked Thomas M.D. Brooke:

Thomas M.D. Brooke Whilst writing my novel Roman Mask, I was inspired by many of the great ancient sites that can be found all around Europe and the Mediterranean basin. I haven't, by any means, traveled to all of the amazing sites around Europe, but a few that I have that inspired me were Rome and Pompeii, but also equally Patara in Southern Turkey. Hadrian's Wall has always been a favourite of mine, being near my family's cottage in Northumberland. Other than that, just walking and daydreaming of past times tends to be enough to make me want to start writing again!
To read a full list of all the sites that inspired me and the reasons why, you can visit this page on my blog http://thomasmdbrooke.com/2015/07/22/...