Goodreads asked Claire Snyman:

Claire Snyman My book, Two Steps Forward, started in my personal journal. After my brain surgery, I struggled with many emotions. I was grateful I was alive, frustrated with my body as I could not do the things I was used to doing, I had anger to deal with as a result of the misdiagnosis that took place prior to my surgery. There was so much going on inside my brain, which was also trying to heal itself at the same time!

So I started one day to just type on my computer and let all these emotions out onto 'paper'. How therapeutic it felt! I had never really kept a journal before. I then realized how beneficial this was for me and kept on doing it. This is where the initial seeds were sown for Two Steps Forward - Embracing Life with a brain tumor.