PF Lands
PF Lands asked Linda Jaivin:

Dear Linda I'm enjoying reading 'Eat Me' and coincidental similarities with my first book 'The Erotic Short Story Club' also fun, sexy with strong female characters. I'd love some feedback from you if you have time I can email you a copy? See amazon.co.uk for description. Ta Thanks

Linda Jaivin Hi PF, Thank you for your question and your kind words about Eat Me! I had a look on Amazon and yes, it's interesting how both books have four strong female characters at the centre, not to mention lots of sex and food. I think that the connection between food and sex is a natural one, not only because, contrary to what parents may tell us, it's fun to play with one's food, but also because both gratify strong needs and can give us enormous sensual pleasure at the same time. They're also both associated with all sorts of societal and other issues, so are rich in metaphor. When I wrote Eat Me, back in 1995, there was nothing like it - Sex and the City was in the future, as was the whole wave of "chick lit" - and I wanted to write erotica that was happy to own female desire and centred on the "female gaze" and was also a comedy of manners. Sounds like you're on the same track. Good luck with your book! all best wishes, Linda