Lucy
Lucy asked Sara Donati:

How much traveling for research did you have to do regarding the historical content of your Wilderness series and where? By the way, loved that series very much and plan to re-read it in the near future. Thanks in advance, Lucy Wallace

Sara Donati I have done a limited amount of traveling. If time and money permitted, I'd do a lot more, but these days a lot can be done online. I've gone on research trips to upstate New York, New York city (multiple times), New Orleans and Washington DC. Research libraries are my favorite places, but I also really like being able to walk the same streets or lanes or roads my characters take. Thanks for your support, Lucy. I'm so glad you like the books well enough to reread them.