Susan Krulc Hamilton
Susan Krulc Hamilton asked Dee Palmer:

I just finished the trilogy and couldn't put it down! However, I can't help but feel Daniel beat the truth out of Bets. He tortured her until he got what he wanted. I understand she liked kink but it didn't seem like kink anymore. I couldn't rectify his apology. It left me feeling like she was weak.What were your thoughts as you were writing these scenes?

Dee Palmer Hi Susan,

Oooh good question. I never intended Bets to be weak but Daniel was definitely dominant and there is a very tricky line when writing that the alpha doesn't come across as being a bully or an arse-hat. I hoped that Bets level of kink came across as all consensual and even when Daniel was testing her limits it was just because he felt it the only way to get her truth...that she was at her most honest. The only time this failed was when Jason had to intervene but everything was a bit broken then. Thank you for your question...glad you couldn't put it down...hope my answer helps xdee