Goodreads asked L.M. Elliott:

What are you currently working on?

L.M. Elliott My book on Leonardo da Vinci's first portrait (Ginevra de' Benci) comes out in November. Its title DA VINCI'S TIGER comes from the one remaining line of Ginevra's poetry: "I beg your pardon, I am a mountain tiger." Chosen as the Platonic muse of the Venetian ambassador to the court of Lorenzo the Magnificent, Ginevra was smart, witty, and strong, and the inspiration for a Leonardo's first revolutionary painting. Such a colorful time period (the novel begins with a joust and ends with an assassination that really happened) was a fascinating joy to research and write.
Right now I am researching a companion book on Simonetta Vespucci, the beauteous woman believed to be the inspiration for Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" and another one on McCarthyism, set in the 1950s.