Drew
Drew asked Lalita Tademy:

Which one of your books to you think would make the best movie, and why?

Lalita Tademy Andrew,
You must know that question is like asking which is your favorite child, right? (wink, wink)
As I write my novels, I translate certain very cinematic images created in my head to the page, and therefore believe any one of the three could be made into a great movie. But since you've forced me to choose only one, I'd have to say Cane River, for the sheer scope of the story. Being overly fond of depicting how the experiences and choices of one generation impact the next, and the next, Cane River is a multi-generational saga with both large and small dramatic moments that I'd love to see portrayed visually. The backdrop of this small, unique slave, Creole, French and free people of color Louisiana community provides a visually rich setting, but the relationships fuel the story - family, lovers, master/slave. Being able to depict a line of women in one family caught in the sweep of slavery, the Civil War, Reconstruction, and the Jim Crow south might be more ably handled in a miniseries instead of a 2 hour movie, but I'm interpreting your question broadly and sticking by my answer.
Lalita Tademy
394 followers