Goodreads asked Wendy Salter:

Wendy Salter Writer's block is not something I dwell on. For me, writing comes in seasons. There are seasons when I am very inspired and I simply must write as new stories swirl in my head. In those times, I put pen to paper and simply write with no thought to plot or outline. Because of that, there are many stories that I simply put aside and think this may one day become a chapter in a book. I may eventually pull from those writings so nothing is ever wasted.

Then there are other seasons when I begin to see plot lines emerge from the chapters. During those seasons, I try to work with my editor, Taylor Morris. She does a fantastic job of helping me map out where my stories are going.

As a self-published author, there are other seasons including marketing and website design when there is no time to even think about writing.

So, when the stories are not flowing, I know that I am in a different season.