Goodreads asked Jessie Franklin:

Jessie Franklin Write. Write all the time, even if it's terrible or if nobody ever reads it. Let yourself go; give yourself permission to write. Prioritize it. You will have to say to people in your life "I'm sorry, but I can't go with you today. I'm writing." And then stick to that. So many people in your life, even the ones who love you, will not understand that it's very hard work and that it takes time. You have to be the person to reinforce the priority of it for yourself.
Aside from that, you must read. Read a variety of genres and read as much as you can. Listen to audiobooks. Listen to podcasts. Watch movies. Watch people. Your own experience is too small to tell all of the stories that you could tell, so make sure you're exploring your world and not setting limits on yourself.
I also think it's great to take a few acting classes. Yes, honestly.