Belle
Belle asked:

is it for mature kids that understand a lot and are maybe a step ahead or is it pretty simple?

To answer questions about Dealing with Dragons, please sign up.
Alexandria It's a chapter book with very few illustrations, but it tells a good story with a different twist. Instead of your typical "I need to be saved" princess, you get this one! I won't go in to detail, but she is something different for sure. I read this as an adult, and I would have recommended this book to any of my students (4th - 6th) that liked reading this particular type of fantasy. It's just a good story.
dollum I read it as an adult and then to elementary students. People familiar with classic fairytales will find it delightful. Nicely written too, something a more mature reader will appreciate. I absolutely love the first paragraph :) Many charming characters and the dragon-lore was interesting too.
Image for Dealing with Dragons