Goodreads asked Katy Leen:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Katy Leen I don't think there's any one best thing about being a writer because for me it's joyful on many levels. But if I had to pick a few favourite bits, I'd say the act of writing itself and the crafting of words, the feeling when the story turns out the way I'd hoped, and the time when readers finally bring the story to its full life. For me that last bit is crucial because I think of books as interactive, so I see each reader as a co-creator of sorts in whatever world I'm building. That's why hearing from readers and connecting with them is so awesome, too.

Of course, what's also fab about being a writer is being able to have my pets with me while I work. They are absolutely my best muses:)