Josiphine/Tessa

Does it get less offensive? I'm 18 pages in and while I'm loving the style and story I'm fed up with the sexual content. Any hope for me?

To answer questions about Cloudstreet, please sign up.
Jen The sexual content/innuendo must have totally gone over my head- I have no idea what you are referencing here!
Boy Blue It was never offensive in the first place. It's life. There's a lull in sex for about 200 pages as the children are too young and the adult's marriages too loveless. But once the kids grow up, watch out, they start fornicating in a realistic fashion and even the old girl has a few more turns on the carousel. You could look at The Harp In The South for a slightly more PG version of this story, set in Sydney.
Adam Stevenson Well, I wasn't all that keen on hearing about the young girl's 'hammy crotchstink' to be honest. But it does raise in tone to something sort of spiritual.
Loretta There are still parts that are but they get much fewer and further apart. There is hope!
Image for Cloudstreet