S.H. Villa asked this question about Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell, #2):
Does anyone else find Bring Up the Bodies relevant to 21st C politics?
MaryAnn Mouritz I have to agree with you, Gaynor, politics seems to be the same today. Full of back-stabbing and underhand control of people. The main character in…moreI have to agree with you, Gaynor, politics seems to be the same today. Full of back-stabbing and underhand control of people. The main character in this book is a very subtle character, however, and it is a bit of a curiosity to see what makes him tick, which kept me reading, all the way through. Towards the end, Cromwell began to appear more human, showing some of the 'chinks' in his armour! I found the book, in 'first person' related to the king's secretary/chamberlain very entertaining, and an interesting study of a largely inscrutable personality. Good on you, Hilary Mantel. Beautifully crafted and a great read!(less)
Image for Bring Up the Bodies
by Hilary Mantel (Goodreads Author)