Mike
Mike asked:

The Passage was the last book I've purchased in an incomplete series; I'll read Mirrors eventually (if it's ever published), but only because it's grandfathered in. My new policy is not to begin any series until it's complete and closed. Too much good stuff out there to be left high and dry. Does anyone else follow this policy?

To answer questions about The City of Mirrors, please sign up.
Justin Cosgrove I hadn't thought about this policy until I saw Cronin's new book was about to be released. I loved the prior two, but I have no intention of going back and rereading both of them. I might follow this series release policy going forward.
Lee Hauser Generally I'm the same way (which is why I'll probably never read GoT), but this one was an exception. I'm certainly not sitting on my hands waiting for it, and I'm actually looking forward to reading the first two books before this one comes out.
Ed I havent been but I'm currently on Book # 2 of a trilogy and waiting for #5 of a 7 book series. I think waiting will be my new policy!
Jo I also avoid unfinished series and have done so for YEARS. I got tired of re-reading when the next book came out. Unfortunately, I didn't know "The Passage" was the first of a trilogy until after I finished it. I've probably started 4 or 5 series unintentionally in this manner, so I check GR a lot more to make sure a book either stands alone or comes from a completed series. Except for those occasional instances of "Since when is this a series?" it's a policy that's worked pretty well for me.
Image for The City of Mirrors
by Justin Cronin (Goodreads Author)