Kate
Kate asked:

Does this book deserve the Mann Booker prize? I think not!

To answer questions about Wolf Hall, please sign up.
Peter Hoff You don't tell us why you say not, Kate. I think it is worthy because it is far more than another run-of-the mill soap opera about Anne and Henry. It is a brilliantly crafted work of fiction that illuminates the entire English Renaissance and Reformation. Like the stylistic craftsman she is, Mantel uses sophisticated literary conventions to tell the story in a center-of-consciousness, third-person, present tense mode. This makes it more difficult for the average reader to follow. But so do the novels of Henry James and James Joyce, for example.
Nancy This is probably the only Mann Booker prize book I have read, but comparing it to Donna Tartt's Goldfinch, which won the National Book Award last year, I would say yes, Wolf Hall is a winner and matched Goldfinch in strength of character, atmosphere, plot, etc.
Image for Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel (Goodreads Author)