Goodreads asked Gary A. Hage:

Gary A. Hage From several things:
With the rise in violence here in America, such as school and mall killings, workplace shooting sprees, deadly road rage and the likes, I wanted to get inside the head of one that commits such a heinous act and why.

Next, knowing that after the attacks of 9/11 and the formation of Homeland Security, the belief being by those charged to protect us that the next wave of terrorist attacks may well come from within our ground transportation system, I as a truck driver myself, wanted to explore the possibilities of how such attack(s) may come. And committed by whom. Would those protecting us be looking in the right places and watching the right people?

Finally, having been bullied throughout my early years in school, and later suffering many of life's not so pleasant experiences, I as everyone else had choices in how to deal with them, and whether to remain strong and fight back, or give in and let them carry me to the depths of HELL!

Thankfully, I chose to make the right choices, unlike the main character in my novel Fallen Angel Of The Highway who chooses to throw everything in life away, including life itself. As those in real life have done.

So, match up an eighty thousand pound 18-wheeler with an emotionally distraught and unstable truck driver, you just might be in for the road trip from HELL!