Alan
Alan asked:

Does anyone else think "27 volumes" is just Mark playing with us, and that the series will finish with volume 2 or 3? Personally, I really want to read this, but don't have time or shelf space for 27 volumes.

To answer questions about One Rainy Day in May, please sign up.
Jonathan I think he wants to write all 27. Pantheon said they will publish 10, and audience interest will determine if the rest get published.
Scott Egan My guess is that there will not be 27 physical books. The number 27 itself seems somehow important to the story (Narcon 27). There are nine narrators. There is a Narcon 3 and an Narcon 9. Somehow a play on the number three is going to factor in (three cubed). My money is on three physical volumes.
Annmarie I don't think he's playing with us, he's had this planned for quite a long time now. I'm just not sure if all the volumes will end up being this long though! That seems like a lot to write, especially with 2 coming out each year. so maybe he'll do the opposite of what most series do, they'll get shorter as the series starts coming to a close instead of longer. but I guess we'll have to wait and see
Image for One Rainy Day in May
by Mark Z. Danielewski (Goodreads Author)