Dschreiber
Dschreiber asked:

Having read Kershaw's biography of Hitler, nothing in this summary of The End comes as news to me. The factors causing Germany to fight long after it should have surrendered are just about what I would expect. If you've read The End and Kershaw's biography of Hitler, can you tell me I have the correct impression?

Daniel Rozmiarek I just finished reading The End, but I have not read his biography of Hitler. However, I've read countless other books on WWII.
I can't say that this book is worth the investment of time, but Kershaw does a good job of helping me understand the ideas and attitudes of many Germans who were there at the time. The political and military reasons and explanations are not new in this book, but I now have a better understanding of the personal reasons. I match it with "Iron Curtain," by Anne Applebaum, for giving me valuable personal context for historical events that seem so extreme when looking at them in hindsight from a 21st century western view.
Duester Impression of what? You want me to tell you that your reasons for feeling this book is redundant are justified? Read the introduction.
Image for The End