Arvinsim
Arvinsim asked:

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett novels yet. I have bought a plethora of his books from a used bookstore shop. I have Lords and Ladies Reaper Man A Hat Full of Sky Thief of Time Sourcery The Last Continent The Truth Night Watch Wyrd Sisters Is Wyrd Sisters a good book start on Discworld?

To answer questions about Wyrd Sisters, please sign up.
Charlotte 'Wyrd Sisters' is - arguably - one of the easier Discworld novels to sink your teeth into the first time around, and it's a great introduction to many of the key characters and concepts.

It's funny, too.
Anne Beardsley I always recommend Going Postal first. It's a wonderful intro to the world, and a wonderful stand-alone.

But like they say, you can probably read most Pratchett books in any order.
Barbara Ellen I like Wyrd Sisters best of all the about 30 Disc World novels of TP I've read. Just savour the beginning:

(Starring Three Witches, also kings, daggers, crowns, storms, dwarfs, cats, ghosts, spectres, apes, bandits, demons, forests, heirs, jesters, tortures, trolls, turntables, general rejoicing and drivers alarums.)

The wind howled. Lightning stabbed at the earth erratically, like an inefficient assassin. Thunder rolled back and forth across the dark, rain-lashed hills.
The night was as black as the inside of a cat. It was the kind of night, you could believe, on which gods moved men as though they were pawns on the chessboard of fate. In the middle of this elemental storm a fire gleamed among the dripping furze bushes like the madness in a weasel's eye. It illuminated three hunched figures. As the cauldron bubbled an eldritch voice shrieked: 'When shall we three meet again?'
There was a pause.
Finally another voice said, in far more ordinary tones: 'Well, I can do next Tuesday.'

If you know Macbeth it will even get better ...
Frances A Hat Full of Sky is a great book, but it's the second in the Tiffany Aching series, which while set in the disc-world is more aimed at children. The first in the series is Wee Free Men. I heartily recommend it, and them all.
Tasha As good as any. Most of the books are self contained stories, they can be understood in any order.
Raederle Phoenix I'd recommend Equal Rites or Small Gods as your first Discworld novel.
Patricia I agree with Charlotte that it's one of the easier books to navigate. But since this is an old question, I'm sure you've already read a bunch of them! We're reading out of order and although it gets confusing, they're all so good!! Hope you've enjoyed them!
Ry Biesemeyer While each Discworld novel is self-contained, they tend to contain inside jokes that build for each character through the stories they take part in, so you'll get the most out of reading them somewhat in order.
Image for Wyrd Sisters