Eva Bell
Eva Bell asked:

I love Straub but I'm 142 pages in and bored to death. I really don't care what happened in that meadow. Should I bother reading any more of the book? Are there certain parts worth reading?

To answer questions about A Dark Matter, please sign up.
Frank I quit after about 100 pages. Where's the suspense? Where's the horror? Booooring.
Susan Nase-Wulff No, don't go any farther.
David J You and me both. I made it all the way to about page 360 and quit. I found that I really didn't care what was in the meadow even with about 30 pages left. I think I've only quit a couple books before the end and this was one.
Gmaharriet He spent a lot of time on character development, so I enjoyed it even more when it picked up speed in the last half. If I wanted only an action novel, I'd have read about Jack Reacher.
Image for A Dark Matter
by Peter Straub (Goodreads Author)