Mary
Mary asked:

I am really disappointed... "Silver Thaw" was EXCELLENT... really enjoyed it... now I find out "NEW LEAF" a sequel, will not be out till JANUARY 2016... ugh... Why such a long wait between books in a series???

To answer questions about New Leaf, please sign up.
Catherine Anderson Hi, Mary. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed Silver Thaw, and I'm very sad to know that you're disappointed because it has taken so long for the sequel, New Leaf, to be published. What few people know--or knew--is that my husband, Sid, the love of my life, was terminally ill. He was sick for 12 years, with the disease slowly progressing until he needed supplemental oxygen 24/7 and a wheelchair. I was his caregiver, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. He was a very proud man--a very strong man--and his one request was that I not go public about his illness. I kept that promise until he passed away shortly before Silver Thaw was released. Even though I had years to prepare myself for Sid's death, I still wasn't ready to lose him, and I was devastated. I won't go into the details. Besides, there are no words to describe how I felt. I have two wonderful sons, Sid's legacy to me, and our younger son, John, has been at my side ever since his dad took his last breath. Sid was like one of the heroes you'll meet in a wonderful book, and he raised his sons to be like him. I am very blessed.

It took me some time to be able to write again. I felt as if I were living inside a cotton ball. When I came out of it, I faced my computer with absolute terror. You may think this is crazy, but when I finally sat down to write, thinking I couldn't, I felt as if Sid were with me, whispering to me, and cheering for me. In life, he was the strongest supporter of my writing, so maybe he was with me. I only know that I was able to reenter that zone where a writer gets lost in the story.

Anyway, my apologies for the wait, and I hope you haven't given up on me. I'm back in the game.

Hugs,
Catherine
Peggy R In my opinion, any Catherine Anderson book is worth the wait. She is one of my favorite authors and her books are on my keeper shelf. Considering what she has been going through in her personal life, I think a year is not too long of a wait to let her grieve and heal from the loss in her own life.
Dorothy Macdougall It needs to be written before it can be published. It will be worth the wait!
Roberta Pate Any book by Catherine Anderson is worth the wait. Her love for her family and her friends, shows in all her writings. We all anxiously await Catherine's new books. If you have not read her many other books, try them. I sometimes re-visit her books, while waiting. She is an amazing writer, but an even more amazing friend. Join her FB page and keep up with her everyday life.
Mary Hello Catherine... My Deepest Sympathies to you and your sons... I know 1st hand about being the caregiver in triplicate... I guess disappointed was the wrong word as when I find a book that grabs me the way "Silver Thaw" did... I want to read the next one... Maybe overly anxious would better description... I will patiently await its release and let you know how it was...
Darla Taylor "Silver Thaw" was released in January 2015 and "New Leaf" is being released in January 2016. That's only a year between books. I read many different series and the majority have them have a year wait between books though some e-book series are different. Considering Catherine also dealt with the loss of the love of her life, I think it's amazing that a year was all that separates the two books. I'm sure you'll find "New Leaf" worth the wait.
Diana Daniel-clark So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my parents 20 months apart. Mom was in hospice. I really enjoy your books, as they are so touching. Thank you for your continued writing, and delighting your fans!
Image for New Leaf
by Catherine Anderson (Goodreads Author)