Is there a lot of the dystopia genre in this book? I`m not a huge fan of dystopia but I really want to read this book. That`s why I asking.

To answer questions about An Ember in the Ashes, please sign up.
Megan I do not think this is a dystopian novel and am kind of baffled as to why people are tagging it as such.

It's fantasy. And really, really good.
Teddy Bear Books I think of dystopia as a society posing as a utopia but, in reality, being the complete opposite. Then a character comes into play, who starts/participates in a rebellion.
This book isn't exactly that. The government is blatantly evil, and isn't afraid to expose that at every opportunity. However, there IS a rebellion forming because of the evil family. Still, I haven't really heard of this book under a dystopia category. Nothing much like Divergent, The Giver, etc.
ANYWAY...
An awesome read! I totally recommend it!
Image for An Ember in the Ashes
by Sabaa Tahir (Goodreads Author)