Chris
Chris asked:

After all the mysteries have been solved I am left behind with one last question. What does 'Iadadoveandasweedovedied' on page 217 of my copy mean? Was it Christie's short flirt with Dadaism or even Surrealism? Or could it be a recite from Keats or Shelly as suggested in the text. If anyone can help me out here, where Hercule Poirot left of, I be most thankful.

To answer questions about Appointment with Death, please sign up.
Anne Christie is trying to say that the man's English was not great, as the line "I had a dove, and the sweet dove died" (Keats) was heard in this manner.
Teri-K She's showing that his command of English isn't great. He recites the first line of a poem by Keats without understanding what he's saying.

The poem is significant as it talks of a love that is so confining it kills the one that is loved.

"I HAD a dove and the sweet dove died;
And I have thought it died of grieving:
O, what could it grieve for? Its feet were tied,
With a silken thread of my own hand's weaving..."
SmychkaMayakovsky 'He took a breath and continued: ‘Now I, I have advantage of Mission
education. I recite to you Keats—Shelley—“Iadadoveandasweedovedied
Poirot flinched. Though English was not his native tongue, he knew it
well enough to suffer from the strange enunciation of Mahmoud. '

Christie was an unrepentant racist and bigot and enjoyed expressing the English attitude that people named 'Mahmoud' being given an English education are something of a living mockery, their natural inferiority meaning that it is akin to a parrot reciting speech it has heard but lacking any actual, fully-developed, human abilities in terms of comprehension and understanding and the like. Because Agatha Christie was a horribly racist and vile bigot and Tory, anti-Semite, and a deeply conservative, reactionary, pro-capitalist Sassenach.
BozCitac I have a translated version of the book in which that part was omitted, probably because it was untranslatable. Instead, it just goes (re-translated):

...They all stupid Beduin – understand nothing."
Poirot contrived to escape from the guide. Then he took his list to Colonel Carbury, who was in his office.

Entire 2 passages have are missing.
Image for Appointment with Death