Mae
Mae asked:

Can anyone tell me what kind of overlap there is between this collection and those found in 'Across the Wall?' (I saw a reviewer mention vampires and was reminded of 'Endings') The novella is new regardless, but I already own 'Across the Wall,' so I'd probably just get an e-book version if there is extensive overlap. Thanks.

To answer questions about To Hold the Bridge, please sign up.
Kat By overlap do you mean are there duplicate stories? These are all new stories.
Mae Answered. (and read) Thanks everyone.
James No duplicates, they are completely separate collections of short stories.
Barbara Brutsch The story "Across the Wall" is the sequel to the book " Lirael," and takes place outside of the Old Kingdom.

"To Hold the Bridge" features a protagonist who is not an Abhorsen, (nor is one featured in the story) who lives, works and uses Charter marks in the Old Kingdom.

In neither collection are the short stories duplicated.
Anne Marie The first story, which is the title story and fifty pages long, is the same world, but I have read Across the Wall and I don't remember it. It's really a hodgepodge of short stories from different worlds. Most of them are fantasy, but there is one set in our world and at least one sci-fi story (I am only a bit more than halfway through).
Image for To Hold the Bridge
by Garth Nix (Goodreads Author)