Is it essential that you read the first couple of books in this series? Is it possible to understand the plot without having prior knowledge?

To answer questions about The Cutting Room, please sign up.
Natalie Carr I would read the other books first
Kim Yes, because there is an underlying question of "is it okay to do something unethical if the end justifies the means" a few people in the first book decided that yes, it is okay, and the other two books are all based off of those decisions. Yes, you will get the mystery and the thriller part of the story by not reading the first, but you will miss the large underlying theme.
Pfauzgrot S I think you can follow the plot but I still don't recommend you skip the first two. They are much more closely connected than your typical crime series and the story builds on the previous books. Plus, they are good :)
Image for The Cutting Room