Vasil Toshev
Vasil Toshev asked:

Amazing books one and two. I am hoping to have free time to reread them now while I am on vacation if not is there somewhere I can find a good recap.. I dont want to miss and plots. I remember most of it but this is so good I have to remember everything?

To answer questions about Ruin, please sign up.
John Gwynne Hi Vasil. Good question, as there's a lot of plot and characters to catch up on. My editor and I have discussed whether I should write a 'what has gone before' section at the beginning of each new book. The decision in the end was not to do that, as it's pretty difficult to do in a multi-Point-Of-View novel. What I have done is two things. I've written a Cast Of Characters list which contains a little more information about the more central characters than you would usually find on such a list. It briefly tells where they were and what they were doing at the end of Valour, so hopefully that will help to jog the memory. Also in the actual book I've tried to write 'memory joggers' into each character's opening chapter, sometimes in the form of flashbacks and memories, sometimes in dialogue.
So, hopefully, there will be enough information early on in the book to help you ease back into the story without feeling confused. I'd be really interested to hear back from you if this strategy has worked or not.

Hope that helps,

Best,

John
Image for Ruin
by John Gwynne (Goodreads Author)