Joe Wojo jr
Joe Wojo jr asked:

has she stopped writing directions to a porn film. I stopped reading her works about 3 years ago since 50% of her book was explicit step by step stage direction. Has that changed??????

To answer questions about Dead Ice, please sign up.
Kimberly I gave up when Anita had to add a new sex partner in every book and half or more of each book was her having to have sex with whoever was convenient, ostensibly because her powers from her bonds to Jean-Claude and Belle Morte were going wonky all the time. I miss the zombie-raising, U. S. Marshall vampire-slaying days with Edward. I'm really sad that it came to that point too. I got through Skin Trade but passed on Affliction so it wasn't so long ago that I quit. I wish her and her loyal readers all the best but I have moved on.
Constance Marie It really depends on which book you're reading. I can't remember which one I read where there's a sex scene between her, Jean Claude, and Richard within the first five chapters and then lasts for four chapters. Then the rest of the book is just a bunch of sex scenes. Some have less frequent sex scenes and the length isn't as long (Affliction and even Dead Ice) but I feel like instead of longer sex scenes it's being replaced with relationship drama. Don't know which I hate more at this point, but both are equally annoying.
Sam
Emily Ever It's book by book now. Some are great and interesting with just enough sex, but some are just wall to wall genitals. I really like Affliction, but I'm still wary...
Brenda I'm wondering myself. I use to love her books but now she's changing them to reflect her own lifestyle, which I'm really tired of hearing about. I didn't like the last one at all. Now she's with so many lovers (including women, which she never wanted before). It's practically turned into porn. I love a good sex scene but I also like a plot, which I didn't get on the last book. I'll probably try Dead Ice but if this turns out to be like the last one then that will be it for me with LKH
Alex yeah, it kinda did. It'll never be sex-free, but it's gone back to a better ratio of plot vs sex.

Edit: after reading the book... forget about it. The police plot is like 1/4 of the book, the rest is drama. Sort of disappointed of that, I had just read Jason, that's ALL relationship stuff and I was looking forward lots of Anita kicking ass. Sadly there was little of it. Everyone who doesn't cares for anything that's not action, you can skip this one too.
Wendy Thoms I didn't find it to be any different. I don't mind graphic sex...I just get annoyed with boring sex and a book that promises plot and just gives wangst. While better than other recents, it's still a bunch of random conversations at inappropriate times, relationship D-RAMA!, complete disregard on how to act professionally, retconning, redundant descriptions and minimal plot. Another 4 page wrap up to just be done. I miss Anita being a badass on her own merit instead of needing all this "protection"...I remember when she protected herself because she was a strong independent woman. Now, I wonder....
Sandi Brackeen It seems she's now shifting back more to the early days. There's sex, but she's back to raising zombies and killing things.
Randy I fully understand people's concerns about the quantity of sex in the books. But, then, remember that it took six books for her to have sex with ANYBODY!
(Sorry for any spoilers, there, by the way...)
Recent books have seen the sex toned down quite a bit, but there's still relationship drama that gets almost a bit too much. However, there's enough of the old-school Anita between Affliction and Dead Ice to make long-time fans happy. At least, in my humble opinion.
Laura Not at all and if anything, it's gotten even worse with entirely too much sex and not nearly enough of a storyline, a plot, anything that has to do with Anita Blake being a U.S. Marshal and raising zombies.
Denyse Prendergast Hamilton's books became such a disappointment! Endless, boring sexual encounters, along with pages of therapy/relationship issues, caused me to give up long ago. The first 8 or 9 books were the best urban fantasy novels I ever read; I miss that writer. Sadly, when authors become very successful, they also often become self-indulgent. Either that, or they dispense with editors. RIP, Anita Blake.
Nastassia There's still lots of sex but there is plot too. I liked this book better than the last one
Catherine Affliction had much less sex in it Yay!
Gine
Debbi I got to the last book in the series, just to say I did. I've given up. Laurel's writing is decent enough, but she can't write a good sex scene to save her life and the stories are all the same. Anita starts off with a new mission, Anita is hated by someone on the police/FBI team because she's a slut who sleeps with monsters, Anita needs to feed on sex, Oops they need to add to their bed, more badly written sex ...
Image for Dead Ice
by Laurell K. Hamilton (Goodreads Author)