Jennifer
Jennifer asked:

Could someone tell me what this means: "Isn't he squicked by the slash?" asked by Cath to Wren when talking about their boyfriends reactions to Simon and Baz. What is squicked and what is the slash? I'm 41, so maybe I just don't get the lingo.

To answer questions about Fangirl, please sign up.
Riley I'm guessing "squicked" means disgusted, but I've never heard that word actually used in conversation.

"Slash" refers to a same-sex romance story. Refers to the slash that connects the names of the characters...ex. Simon/Baz.
Carolise I have no idea what squicked means, but I'm guessing slash means same-sex (I don't like using the word gay), because straight means opposite-sex (When referring to a person) and / is diagonal.
Joya The word 'squicked' means " to feel intense disgust, and slash is referring to same-sex relations because Cath's fanfictions are Simon and Baz being romantically involved. Therefore, when Cath is asking Wren "Isn't he squicked by the slash?" she is essentially asking her if her boyfriend is disgusted by the same-sex relationship in her fanfictions.
bhavana pretty much means "isn't he grossed out or uncomfortable by the gay characters/scenes"
Image for Fangirl
by Rainbow Rowell (Goodreads Author)