Julia Hörmayer

Should I've read this book before Throne of Glass?

To answer questions about The Assassin and the Pirate Lord, please sign up.
Lauren - SERIESous Books You don't have to, though it provides insight into Celaena's character. She's quite jaded in Throne of Glass and some people find that off putting because they don't know her backstory. I found that reading the novellas first let me understand Celaena's outlook on life and her personality, allowing me to enjoy Throne of Glass a lot more since I wasn't becoming frustrated with her nonchalant attitude.
Nicole I read Throne of Glass before this one. Some people prefer to read all the novella's first because her backstory is mentioned in Throne of Glass so it essentially spoils the novella's. However, I'm enjoying the novella's even after reading Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight. I guess it depends if you want to go in knowing her backstory, or learning it as you read the series.
Image for The Assassin and the Pirate Lord
by Sarah J. Maas (Goodreads Author)