Evelyn
Evelyn asked:

I read this many years ago in a Readers digest omnibus, and liked it thought I cannot remember much about it now. But if I lijed it then, you can be sure it is worth reading now. Would it be worth going back to it again? Evelyn.

To answer questions about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, please sign up.
Terri Try the audiobook version. It is the story you loved before, performed brilliantly.
Iris Definitely. If you relate to it once, then it will forever be a warm memory to you, because childhood is something that everyone has had to go through and something that everyone wants to relive.
Karen Thysen definitely yes. I read it as a youth and now as a mature adult, enjoying all that went over my head the first time.
Judith Absolutely! Your perspective will be different now, but you will still love it! I did.
Jennifer Rhue -I first read "Tree" my freshman year of high school. That was 1965 and I have worn out several copies, given away many and have 4 of them currently. 2 are 1st editions, 1 Reader's Digest and the last...a 1940's reading copy.
-I have seen the movie a couple times but wasn't impressed.
-Needless to say, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is my very favorite. To Kill A Mockingbird is a very close second.
Marge Yes. I just reread. Do it.
Andrew Nease I would say so: it strikes me as the kind of book that has alot of layers that would enable you to get something new out of multiple rereads; especially if you're only previous experience was abridged and you don't remember much about it.
John My Summer reads list consists of "classics" I read many years ago.
Experience and events change one's outlook and interpretation.
definitely pick it up and re-read.
Alice Wijayaratne I would definitely say read it again as you may find yourself connect to different things in the book as you get older. Each time I have re read the book I have found something different in it, also it is just nice to re visit a good old book and un earth some fond memories, I hope you find this helpful. :)
Jialin Mao Totally! I have read this book 4 times and the more I read it the more I love it.
Leslie Fay Yes, I just finished re-reading it and loved it. I have re-read other books and not been able to finish them, wondering why I liked them in the first place. That is a very disappointing feeling because when you have a good feeling about a book and then years later read it and can't even get through it, it's just a letdown. But when I re-red this book this year, at the age of (almost) 64, I couldn't put it down and remember that same feeling from when I read it the first time! It's definitely a keeper in my bookcase!
Pam Depends on how old you are. Will in bring back sweet memories l.ik it does/did for me.
Hattie Ryan Absolutely yes! I first read it in the early 1970s still love it as much as I did then.
Sarah Yes! One of my favourite books ever!
Vickie yes, yes, yes! It is so good! I have read it and re-read it many times I love it that much. You can't put it down almost. Yes! Read it!
Gina Definitely read it again! I enjoyed it so much more the 2nd time around.
Jocelyn Jazmen maybe watch the film version, and see if the story re-captures your heart ;)
Image for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn