Natalia
Natalia asked:

Who was Peter and Petel??? I didn't get that at all.

To answer questions about The Diary of a Young Girl, please sign up.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) "Petel" is a nickname for the boy she had a crush on before the war, when she was in elementary school. She tells in the diary how they spent time together and then he sort of outgrew hanging out with her. The other Peter is the son of the Van Damms, who shared the hiding place with the Franks and Mr Dussell.
Kayla Well I know she talked about two different Peters. She had one that she had liked before she was in hiding and then the one that lived in the secret annex with her. She oftentimes would call one of the Peters (I can't remember which) Petel, and it was kind of a play on his name and she said it like a term of endearment. But she was talking about one of the Peters.
Image for The Diary of a Young Girl