Ri (colourmeread)

Do I have to read The Time Machine before reading The Time Ships?

To answer questions about The Time Ships, please sign up.
Michael Mccoy I would definitely read the Time Machine first. It would improve your understanding of the story at its start, and it's a classic I would recommend anyway.
Sheila Yes, and It's gorgeous and short so enjoy it
Judy Either have read it or seen the movie. I definitely think you need an understanding of what transpired in the book or the film.
Timothy Blaisdell You don't "have to", just like you don't "have to" watch the original Star Wars before watching any of the sequels. But you should. I mean, you really should.

And The Time Machine is a really short book, so it ought to be easy. If you don't like The Time Machine for some reason, this will be a good clue that you won't like "Time Ships" either. If you like it, and especially if you reach the end and find yourself wanting more, then good news! there's more!
Glynn You don't really need to read the original Time Machine to enjoy this book but it will enhance your experience and it's fun to compare things.
Image for The Time Ships