Eileen
Eileen asked:

SPOILER-DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK~ Anybody else feel there wasn't closure regarding the bones found? I so wanted (the alleged killer D) to fully confess to killing her and WHY- other than being a crappy sob. Was it intentional? Was it an accident? Did I miss something?

To answer questions about Be Afraid, please sign up.
Molle I felt the exact same way. They spent a lot of time on the story line of the Lost Girl and then never resolved it. Were we supposed to think that the dad killed her? They alluded to it toward the end when Rick said, "we'll get Danny (I think that was his name) to confess." However, I would have appreciated true closure.
Esther Fulkerson It did feel sort of like, "Hey, these guys are cops and they are working this other case, too! But it isn't as important as this story line here, so don't worry about it."
Image for Be Afraid
by Mary Burton (Goodreads Author)